The services we offer are as simple or comprehensive as you wish i.e. a simple maintaining wash and brush out through to a full grooming session.
Your requirement for your own dog will also vary depending on such factors including breed, current condition and of course your personal preferences.
A typical request is for a ‘standard’ groom:
- Starting with a brush out to eliminate any mats or tangles.
- ears and eyes are checked for any apparent health problems so that I can inform you, as is the dog's skin, so that I can also determine the most suitable shampoo to use.
- ear hair will be plucked on breeds that require this - essential in maintaining a healthy ear canal.
- nails are cut where necessary.
- an initial trim will often be done before bathing.
- the dog is then bathed using only professional shampoos and conditioners.
- this is followed by drying, usually by using a combination of blaster dryer to remove excess moisture and towel finishing, to prepare the coat for final styling.
- eyes and ears may be gently cleaned and in between paw pads will be trimmed out.
- any final clipper work and/or hand scissoring, if required, is carried out to complete the desired style.
- a coat conditioning spray is applied.